Lifestyle Newborn Photography is where the photographer comes to you and photographs not just baby, but the whole family and even the dog. It’s an elevated version of your every day self. Your home, your details, baby and her details, siblings and nursery.
- Whole family first
- Baby & siblings (so big bro & sis are doooone)
- Mom, Dad & baby
- Mom & baby
- Dad & Baby
- Nursery details
- Baby swaddled
- Baby Details
- Action shots of swaddle, rocking, etc
- Normal every day things you already do
Table of Contents
What if we missed the first week window?
After an expected stint in the NICU, Mama called to see if it was too late for newborn photos.
I say NEVER!
Yes, it was a little different because at six weeks old, baby was a bit bigger and more awake than he would have been the first week of life.
But this is life and nothing is guaranteed. We roll with the punches!
If you’ve missed the first week for any reason, reach out. I’ve done 3 month newborn sessions and 4 month family sessions. You’ll never regret having the photos, but you may regret waiting.
Why do a newborn photoshoot at all?
Newborn photography Oahu freezes the dramatic growth of a baby’s first few weeks. They change so much in those first ten days, but when its gone, its gone for good. They don’t shrink, and there’s not a repeat button. Keep scrolling to see what this could look like for you!
8 Reasons for In Home Baby Photography
- Include your entire family and pets in your photos.
- Make older siblings feel more comfortable and involved
- No need to worry about arranging transportation or finding a babysitter
- Get beautiful photos of your baby without ever leaving the house
- Capture the overlooked moments with your family gathered inside your nursery
- Cherish these memories forever in your own home
- Full service means you’ll have prints in your hands – not forgotten on the hard drive
- Complete an album to treasure forever before baby is one month old
Hey! I’m Alison, lifestyle photographer, recovering homeschool mama of 4 boys circus and USMC family.
I’ve been photographing families for 12 years. One thing I’ve learned: photos never lose their value.
But the thought of dealing with 3 hour studio photoshoot is just too much.
Not only do you have to worry about getting everyone dressed and to the studio on time, but spaces can be cramped and uncomfortable – and take forever!
In home newborn photos are half the time and capture the intimate details that studios simply can’t.
How Newborn Photos Work
- We book your due date. I only take 2 families per week to leave plenty of wiggle room. Baby’s gonna do what baby’s gonna do! We get wardrobe set before delivery.
2. After baby arrives and everyone is home, we set the actual photo session day. Newborn sessions are weekday mornings usually around 10am and last up 90 minutes and are easy and painless.
3. Two to three weeks after photo day we gather again virtually for your Gallery Reveal & Order appointment! Buy only what you love. Digital files come with the print products.
Newborn Photos can seem daunting
In-home newborn photography near me can seem daunting right after delivery, especially if this is your first time, or you’re not sure how you’ll recover from a C-section.
- Will you feel up to photos?
- How are you going to look?
- What state will the house be in?!
Don’t worry, we don’t set the photo date until after everyone is home and healthy. You don’t need to declutter the whole house, and I’ll be there to help!
5 Tips for Easy Newborn Photos
To make the most if it, and to make it easier, check out my five tips to make sure you have a successful in-home newborn lifestyle photoshoot:
- Plan outfits before delivery
- Book a photographer in the 2nd trimester
- Just tidy TWO rooms – nursery & one living space
- Plan around sibling nap times
- Stick with 2 baby outfits – max!
See an In Home Hawaii Newborn Photography Session:
More Resources for Hawaii Newborn Photography:
I'm a USMC spouse, South Carolina native, recovering homeschool mama of a 4 boy circus. They've taught me the most important facet of family photography: KEEP IT FUN!