Hawaii newborn photography mostly consists of what I call “babies in baskets.” Its been the more common practice in recent years. It includes either going to a studio or a photographer bringing a small studio to your home, hours of set up and getting baby to sleep. Its darling, but I do newborn photos differently.
Table of Contents
Lifestyle Newborn Photos
Lifestyle newborn photos are exactly how it sounds – your life in your home with your new baby – siblings, dog and all! (Seriously, I have a guide to including your dog!) We pick two rooms to work in (the nursery and another living space) and we do a mix of posed and curated images. Its every day life, just prettier. ie no messy buns or spit up stains!
When they’re siblings involved, we get family shots first. We get the toddler or preschooler photographed and off to their own devices. Then we photograph all the different groupings and details as baby allows us:
- Family shot first
- Siblings with baby
- Mom with baby
- Dad with baby
- Mom, Dad baby
- Nursery details
- Baby details
- Fun, roll with the punches shots as they happen!
Newborn Photos can seem daunting
In-home newborn photography near me can seem daunting right after delivery, especially if this is your first time, or you’re not sure how you’ll recover from a C-section.
- Will you feel up to photos?
- How are you going to look?
- What state will the house be in?!
Don’t worry, we don’t set the photo date until after everyone is home and healthy. You don’t need to declutter the whole house, and I’ll be there to help!
5 Tips for Easy Newborn Photos
To make the most if it, and to make it easier, check out my five tips to make sure you have a successful in-home newborn lifestyle photoshoot:
- Plan outfits before delivery
- Book a photographer in the 2nd trimester
- Just tidy TWO rooms – nursery & one living space
- Plan around sibling nap times
- Stick with 2 baby outfits – max!
Perks to In home Newborn Photos
Yes, there’s many unknowns to those days right after baby comes. But here’s the top reasons why having the photographer at your house is best:
- You won’t forget anything.
- You won’t have to plan for drive time.
- Your toddler will be in her own element.
- You can include your dog!
- Its faster! Max 90 minutes long.
Drop your email here to get it delivered to your inbox now!
Hey! I’m Alison, lifestyle photographer, recovering homeschool mama of 4 boys circus and USMC family.
I’ve been photographing families for 12 years. One thing I’ve learned: photos never lose their value.
But the thought of dealing with 3 hour studio photoshoot is just too much.
Not only do you have to worry about getting everyone dressed and to the studio on time, but spaces can be cramped and uncomfortable – and take forever!
In home newborn photos are half the time and capture the intimate details that studios simply can’t.
How Newborn Photos Work
- We book your due date. I only take 2 families per week to leave plenty of wiggle room. Baby’s gonna do what baby’s gonna do! We get wardrobe set before delivery.
2. After baby arrives and everyone is home, we set the actual photo session day. Newborn sessions are weekday mornings usually around 10am and last up 90 minutes and are easy and painless.
3. Two to three weeks after photo day we gather again virtually for your Gallery Reveal & Order appointment! Buy only what you love. Digital files come with the print products.
Newborn Photos In Your Hand
We’re not done when we finish your session! We meet again virtually to reveal your images all at once (yeah, no sneak peeks!) That’s also when we design a gallery wall or album together. You could have baby’s newborn album designed, printed and in your hand in as little as 4 weeks!
Folio boxes are an acrylic cover box that holds up to 20 fine art prints that are mounted and matted. They’re ready to display on an easel, frame or gift a grandparent.
Albums are my favorite! All the images of your story and family one heirloom piece. Cover options include leather, acrylic or photo. All of them easily wipe-clean for livable art!
Designed specifically to your space and style, wall art options run the game of frames, metals, stand outs or more. We can import your wall and design to scale!
Examples of Hawaii Newborn Photography In home:
More Ideas for Hawaii Newborn Photography:
I'm a USMC spouse, South Carolina native, recovering homeschool mama of a 4 boy circus. They've taught me the most important facet of family photography: KEEP IT FUN!