Sandbridge Beach Photographer | Summer Beach Photos
Its such a joy to photograph a family on vacation! Sandbridge beach is a fabulous, quiet area of Virginia Beach that hosts many families and extended families for their annual week at the beach!
When to book your beach photographer
As soon as you book your rental! Dates fill quickly and a responsible photographer will reserve a date for weather back ups. That generally means just two or three families per photographer each week.
Tips for your family photos on the beach
- Schedule it for early in the trip before anyone gets a sunburn
- Decide photo wardrobe long before you’re ready to pack – at least a week sooner.
- Pack photo clothes separately! One garment back for everyone’s clothing options so nothing is stained or ruined before photo day.
- Schedule it early in the week so you have more than one back up date for rainy weather
- Schedule it early. See a theme here?!
- Feed the kids before photos
- Go barefoot
- Choose a location that is easy access or a super short drive from where you’re staying.
Hi I’m Alison, your chaos coordinator.
As the ringleader of my own 4 boy circus, I know how hard getting family photos can be.
If I could dress your kids and literally hang your family photos on your walls, I would.
…but I can’t, so I do just about everything else in between.
That’s why I take the time to hold your hand from start to finish.
Because what good are family photos if your kids never see them?
Photos Should Be Fun
I believe a photo session shouldn’t end in tears. If we can’t get in the groove withint 15 minutes, its just not going to happen. More time will not make it better.
In our minds, we want photo sessions to be perfect: the kids wearing what we picked, acting like angels, smiling daintily into the camera and following every gentle instruction.
But that’s not real life. That daydream wouldn’t give us the all-out laughter like a well timed poop joke. Or the tight squeeze and look of adoration from your youngest in a bear hug.
I run my sessions like a party: we get the “look at me” grandma shot first, and the rest is fun and games. I curate moments and laughter through play. We to turn a blind eye to misbehavior because consequences and corrections never made anyone smile more.
I run my sessions like a party
We get the “look at me” grandma shot first, and the rest is fun and games. I curate moments and laughter through play. We to turn a blind eye to misbehavior because consequences and corrections never made anyone smile more.
Get it all in your inbox!
Get my best tips for traveling to Virginia Beach delivered to you!
- Indoor activities if it rains or you get a sunburn
- The best local ice cream
- Restaurants with kids more than a coloring sheet!
- Free things to do at the oceanfront
I find joy in chaos. The louder, the better!
I'm a USMC spouse, South Carolina native, recovering homeschool mama of a 4 boy circus. They've taught me the most important facet of family photography: KEEP IT FUN!